After a very competitive tendering period we were extremely happy to secure our first heritage project for Forward Swindon. This worthwhile project involves the careful restoration and conversion of a Grade II listed unit within the Carriage Works building, part of the Swindon Railway Village Conservation Area. The works are designed to turn once run down industrial units into new contemporary offices.
The work include
- Investigation works to ascertain suitability of proposed works, including asbestos
- Remediation of the trussed roof utilising the existing tiles were practicable
- New high level glazing to ridge elevations
- Improved thermal efficiency of building envelope
- Installation of a new staircase joining lower and upper floors by breakthrough process
- Installation of a lift to provide access between lower and upper floors as above
- Temporary works supports to lower jack arches during works to install access routes
- Construction of a Mezzanine floor to provide additional user space
- All associated mechanical & electrical works.
- New partioning to form user spaces on all floors
- New welfare facilities
- Complete decoration and floor finishes
- Restoration of external attributes to retain existing appearance
Completion: September 2018